To connect your classroom to the Australian Museum via virtual excursion you will need:
- A reliable internet connection;
- A camera and microphone connected to your device;
- A device with a display, e.g. Laptop, Chromebook, iPad, Desktop.
If connecting a whole class or group together, you will also need:
- A projector or screen connected to your device;
- Working speakers connected to your device. Make sure they are switched on and the volume is up.
If connecting on individual devices, you will need:
- Working speakers or headphones connected to your device. Make sure they are switched on and the volume is up.
The simplest way to connect is through a direct connection using Zoom. The connection does not require any software to be downloaded, but does require a computer (PC or Mac) with an internet connection, a webcam, and a microphone.
The Zoom connection to the Australian Museum is secure and private.
After confirming your school’s booking you will receive an instructional email, that will contain the link to the Zoom room and the passcode required to enter the room. Click on the link to open the connection in your chosen web browser. Zoom will automatically activate your device’s camera and microphone. Please remind your students to mute their microphones and turn off their video, unless they are asking/answering a question.