Interested In Becoming A Provider?
Information For Providers Working With Dart Learning
A provider is any person, institution or organisation that provides curriculum enriching content to schools via video conferencing.
A provider can deliver one-off events, or regular sessions that New South Wales Department of Education and Comunities schools can book via DART Learning.
DART Learning are the gateway for providers to get their content into the NSW DET schools.
- a centralised website where teachers/principals/staff know to go to for curriculum enriching video conferencing excursions
- the ability to promote your event through our website’s booking system
- promote your event to our list of subscribers
- promote your event through various internal NSW DET systems
- discuss video conferencing protocol with the attendees to help make your event run smoothly
- technical support of the video conference allowing the presenter to focus on delivering the content
- a list of attendees and their contact details as well as pre-defined questions if you require it
Ideally, a potential content provider should be ready to commit to engaging with schools via video conferencing either by having their own video conferencing equipment or be happy to travel to a NSW DET facility where video conferencing equipment is available.
For ongoing content providing from organisations or institutions, a pilot event must first be conducted with the DART Learning Team for approval.
If you are wishing to become a DART Learning provider, please contact us.
Once you are an established DART Learning provider, you are responsible for posting your events on the website. The DART Learning Team are happy to assist with your listings and provide any information you may require.
1. Live Event – Scheduled
Programmed excursion, with a set time and date and the ability for multiple registrations* two way video – from presenter and return video from participants
* One way video – streaming with or without a chat facility
More often than not, special one-off events OR events that are listed with multiple teachers/parents able to book in at the date and time nominated by the provider
2. Live Event – By Request
By getting in touch with the content provider, a teacher/parent/user can request an excursion on a date and time to suit them. The provider can stipulate a range of dates they can provide the excursion and the user can nominate the date/time they would like to attend. These excursions will more than likely be one provider to one user (a whole class or a home-schooled student).
3. On Demand – Limited
An online recording available for only a limited period of time (range of dates)
The provider lists an excursion with a link to a previously recorded event, but it will not be made available indefinitely.
4. On Demand – Unlimited
An online recording permanently available
This will provide links to recently recorded and previously created videos, including co-productions with NSW DoE (eg. your YouTube channel). This category also includes Live feeds from a content provider’s organisation eg. Taronga Zoo elephant cam
The DART Learning Team have resources to assist you in producing your video conference. Time seems to be our biggest constraint, so the more planning you can do with us, the more we should be able to assist. Our team can help you by offering their services with:
- high quality video camera filming
- video editing facilities
- ability to do wireless productions
- lapel microphones
- highly qualified and capable staff
If you have a project you would like to discuss, please contact the DART Learning Team.
- Make sure your presentation is highly interactive.
- Provide access to something they may not be able to do even if they visited your venue
- Consider backdrops – what they are going to see?
- Extraneous noise
- Content appropriateness to age/stage/curriculum (hyperlink to NSW board of studies).
- Minimise pre-recorded content and PowerPoint. Should be highly interactive.
- Appropriate cameras and technology designed to meet presentation requirements. For example:
– Document camera
– Lapel microphones
-Time of questions and open dialogue
- Don’t just be a talking head. Bring in props to show.
- Don’t wear stripy or patterned shirts.
Not Ready To Register Your Interest In Becoming A Provider? Would You Like To Discuss Further?
If you would like to learn more about our platform and the opportunities available when becoming a DART Learning content provider click on the link below to organise a further discussion.