A Virtual Excursion to Bathurst – Impact of Rail (Early Stage 1, Stage 1, Stage 2)
Hear fasinating historical facts on the development of railways in Australia and it’s impact on trade, transport and employment and how it’s changed society into present day.
Join us on this virtual tour from the new Bathurst Rail Museum incorporating the historic Railway Institute Building, this session will explore the importance of railway development in Australia and how it changed society into the present day.
• Discover what it meant to be a part of the railway community
• Hear stories of how this affected the development in New South Wales
• Learn about the opportunities the railway provided for trade, transport and employment
• Uncover how this impacted on the new social and cultural scene that flourished in Bathurst
• Be amazed by the largest publicly displayed HO scale model railway in Australia
*Teachers can take advantage of class discussion opportunities by pausing the video when questions are asked by the presenter.
*Teacher printable resources also available.
IS THIS A FREE EVENT? Yes
Main KLA, Strand, Sub Strand
HSIE » History » Past and Present (Stage 1 - Year 1 and 2)
Joining The Event
Once you have booked this event, instructions to connect will appear on this Joining the Event tab. You will also receive a confirmation via email.
To get up to date information on this event, please refresh your browser while viewing this Joining the Event tab.
Technology and Materials Requirements
Device for viewing
Whiteboard for presenting to class
Printer – If wishing to print out resources, worksheets