What stories does the Census tell us about our national and our community? (Stage 3, Stage 4, Stage 5)
Census data is used to plan services that impact our lives, including schools, health care, transport and infrastructure. It also plans local support for individuals, families and communities.
In this session, you can explore and discuss:
- Why do we have a Census and why is it important?
- What data does the Census collects about your community?
This activity includes:
- educational videos about the Census and Census data
- a downloadable guide on how to access Census data
- a downloadable Census personal form for your students to explore the questions asked.
IS THIS A FREE EVENT? Yes
BROUGHT TO YOU BY: Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS)
On Demand (available until: 26-Jun-2025 11:59PM)
Main KLA, Strand, Sub Strand
Maths » Statistics and Probability » Data Collection and Representation
HSIE » Society and Culture
HSIE » Geography » People, Places and Environments of the World (Stage 3 - Year 5 and 6)
Will This Event Be Recorded?
Joining The Event
Once you have booked this event, instructions to connect will appear on this Joining the Event tab. You will also receive a confirmation via email.
To get up to date information on this event, please refresh your browser while viewing this Joining the Event tab.
Technology and Materials Requirements
You require access to the internet and speakers to play the videos.
You can plan additional activities if you:
- print the downloadable personal Census form for students to complete.
- provide students with direct access to the ABS website to explore the Census data.
More Information About This Event
You can explore Census data in details with your class by:
Accessing classroom resources for learning about and exploring Census data
Using our census data tools
Watching our 2021 Census data seminars