- This excursion has passed.
Wellbeing Week: Navigating your teen’s mental health
Helping parents and carers better understand the needs of their kids
Designed for parents and carers, this presentation aims to educate the adults in a young person’s life to help increase mental health literacy, reduce stigma and promote help seeking.
Each year, one in four young people experience a mental health condition, and most people in this group don’t reach out for support. We understand the importance of your child’s safety and wellbeing and that’s where this presentation can help.
This free presentation is delivered by a trained presenter with a lived experience of mental-ill health with the aim to cover a tough topic in an engaging way.
Through illustrations, facts and participants will learn:
- common mental health conditions for young people like anxiety, depression and bipolar disorder
- how to spot early warning signs in young people
- when and where to seek help
- how to support a young person you care about
- how and when to have meaningful conversations
BROUGHT TO YOU BY:
Black Dog Institute
Live Event - Scheduled
Date & Time
Requirements for this excursion
This event will be delivered via YouTube Live.
For more information about this excursion content
Name: Cameron Banks
Phone: (02) 9065 9063
Email: [email protected]