- This excursion has passed.
Weather and Pressure
What is air pressure? Why are low and high-pressure areas important? How are clouds formed? What is our atmosphere made of anyway? What conditions are needed to cause tornados and more…Students will gain an appreciation of meteorology and gain insight into how our climate operates. You will also get to run some simple science experiments in your room on air pressure.
- $200 inc GST per session with 30 students.
- $300 inc GST per session with 60 students.
- $400 inc GST per session with 90 students.
Australian Curriculum Outcomes: Science Content
- Earth’s surface changes over time as a result of natural processes and human activity (ACSSU075)
- Sudden geological changes or extreme weather conditions can affect Earth’s surface. (ACSSU096)
- Forces can be exerted by one object on another through direct contact or from a distance. (ACSSU076)
- Heat can be produced in many ways and can move from one object to another. (ACSSU049)
NSW Syllabus Outcomes: Science and Technology Outcomes
- describes some observable changes over time on the Earth’s surface that result from natural processes and human activity (ST2-8ES)
- explains rapid change at the Earth’s surface caused by natural events, using evidence provided by advances in technology and scientific understanding (ST3-9ES)
- describes everyday interactions between objects that result from contact and non-contact forces (ST2-7PW)
BROUGHT TO YOU BY: Fizzics Education
Date & Time
22-Jul-2021 02:00PM + Google Calendar + iCal Export
Live Event - Scheduled
Cancellations less than 7 days prior to the event will incur 100% of the booking charge.
Terms and Conditions
Online Child Protection Policy
Online Science Classes – Terms and Conditions
Please see all our privacy and legal policies here
Joining The Event
Once you have booked this event, instructions to connect will appear on this Joining the Event tab. You will also receive a confirmation via email.
To get up to date information on this event, please refresh your browser while viewing this Joining the Event tab.
Technology and Materials Requirements
On booking, we will send out a materials list that details the experiments that you will run in your classroom. These inexpensive science materials are readily accessible in any supermarket and make the video conference more interactive and engaging for students. Please check these details carefully.
A tax invoice will be forwarded to you for your school administration.
Please let us know dates and times that fit you and we will create a session that fits your schedule.
If you have any queries please contact the provider
Name: Ben Newsome
Phone: 02 9674 2191
Email: [email protected]