Viruses in vegetables- When going viral becomes a problem – National Ag day 2023 (Stage 5, Stage 6)
Join NSW DPI’s Biosecurity Epidemiologist, Shannon Mulholland, as she discusses cutting-edge technology and research surrounding Viruses and Integrated Pest Management (IPM) in vegetables.
Appropriate for Agriculture, Science (Biology and Chemistry) and Technology students.
Content covered includes:
- What is plant pathology and epidemiology?
- What is biosecurity?
- Modern innovative agriculture
- Diseases (viruses) in NSW vegetable crops and how they are being managed
- Integrated Pest Management (IPM) – disease management strategies
- Virus transmission
- Managing crop residues
- Virus detection using
- lateral flow tests,
- Enzyme -linked Immunosorbent Assays (ELIZA),
- PCR (Polymerase Chain Reaction)
- DNA and RNA sequencing
- Career Pathways into Virus Research and Applied Science (Agriculture)
This program will be available for free and on-demand on National Agriculture Day 2023 and ongoingly.
Other titles in the Innovation in Agriculture- National Ag Day 2023 events include:
- Drones and Sensors
- Precision Agronomy – Part 1 and Part 2
- Technology and Innovation in the Dairy Industry
IS THIS A FREE EVENT? Yes
BROUGHT TO YOU BY: NSW Department of Primary Industries
On Demand (available until: 03-Dec-2025 05:00PM)
Main KLA, Strand, Sub Strand
Science and Tech » Agriculture
Science and Tech » Living World 7-10
Science and Tech » Biology
Will This Event Be Recorded?
Joining The Event
Once you have booked this event, instructions to connect will appear on this Joining the Event tab. You will also receive a confirmation via email.
To get up to date information on this event, please refresh your browser while viewing this Joining the Event tab.
Technology and Materials Requirements
Mandatory technology requirements:
- internet access
More Information About This Event
Find the NSW DPI Schools Programs’ whole suite of learning resources, careers promotion, student events and Teacher Professional Development opportunities at: https://www.nswdpi-schools-program.com/