Technology and Innovation in the Dairy Industry – National Ag day 2023 (Stage 5, Stage 6)
Join DPI Tocal Farms, Dairy Manager Matt Brett for a virtual tour around the dairy enterprise as he discusses the use of a range of technologies that maximise production efficiently and sustainably.
Appropriate for Agriculture, Science (Biology and Chemistry) students,
Content covered includes:
- Overview of Tocal farm enterprises, size and production.
- Overview of Tocal College youth education courses.
- Virtual walk through the milking parlour and plant
- Discussion of cow management, production and welfare
- Robotic rotary dairy technology
- Genetics and breeding management and technologies
- Digital cow collars
- Pasture management- soil moisture probes and automation of irrigation
This program will be available for free and on-demand on National Agriculture Day 2023 and ongoingly.
Other titles in the Innovation in Agriculture- National Ag Day 2023 events include:
- Drones and Sensors
- Precision Agronomy – Part 1 and Part 2
- Viruses in vegetables- When going viral becomes a problem
IS THIS A FREE EVENT? Yes
BROUGHT TO YOU BY: NSW Department of Primary Industries
On Demand (available until: 03-Dec-2025 05:00PM)
Main KLA, Strand, Sub Strand
Science and Tech » Agriculture
Science and Tech » Digital Technologies
Science and Tech » Living World 7-10
Will This Event Be Recorded?
Joining The Event
Once you have booked this event, instructions to connect will appear on this Joining the Event tab. You will also receive a confirmation via email.
To get up to date information on this event, please refresh your browser while viewing this Joining the Event tab.
Technology and Materials Requirements
Mandatory technology requirements:
- internet access
More Information About This Event
Find the NSW DPI Schools Programs’ whole suite of learning resources, careers promotion, student events and Teacher Professional Development opportunities at: https://www.nswdpi-schools-program.com/