Spoken Word Poetry Workshop (Years 5-8) 15th March 12:15pm AEDT
In this new workshop, students will work with spoken word artist and creative writing teacher Bilal Hafda to explore different styles of spoken word poetry. The workshop will encourage students to use poetry to express emotions and ideas and communicate dramatic meaning through their own writing as well as how to lift the words off the page to bring them alive for performance.
Participants will develop skills in editing their own writing and then turning it into a performance to successfully convey their ideas.
Presented in partnership with Story Factory.
BROUGHT TO YOU BY:
Sydney Opera House
Requirements for this excursion
CHECKLIST FOR VIRTUAL EXCURSION:
1) Book your virtual excursion using the form on this site
2) A confirmation email will be sent to you from DART Connections
3) A confirmation email and further information will be sent to you from Sydney Opera House at least one week before the event.
4) COMPLETE A SUCCESSFUL TEST with your Zoom equipment
– Test your equipment at least one week before your virtual excursion
– Dial the through the Zoom login details that will be sent to you by Sydney Opera House and ensure that you can connect, can see and hear the SOH feed and that yourcamera and microphone are working correctly
– If you are unsuccessful in completing a test, contact Sydney Opera House Creative Learning at [email protected] for technical assistance. Completing a test with your equipment or VC hardware ensures a successful connection on the day.
For more information about this excursion content
Name: SOH Creative Learning Team
Phone: 9250 7770
Email: [email protected]
PLEASE NOTE THIS SESSION COMMENCES AT 11:00AM
· Please dial in 15 minutes prior to the commencement of the session at 10:45am
· Recommended maximum of 30 students (1 class) per session. Please email [email protected] with any specific requests regarding additional students.
· This booking entitles you to one dial in link with all students watching from the same space. Please email [email protected] with any specific requests regarding additional students.
· Please clear your classroom of desks and chairs and have students sitting on the floor in front of the screen.
· Please make sure the camera is positioned with all students in view so that our Presenter can easily interact with all students.
· If you are unable to proceed with your booked session, please email us at [email protected] at least two days prior. Bookers who fail to attend on their booked sessions without providing notice may be barred from further bookings.