Science of Toys – By Request! (Early Stage 1, Stage 1)
The hidden science of toys! Looks at push and pull forces, gravity and sound found within a variety of science toys.
Designed to complement the Physical Phenomena content strand for Early Stage 1 and Stage 1
Your students investigate energy and use their senses to discover how science toys operate.
Designed to cover a broad range of concepts that is accessible to students.
- Push & Pull
- Light & Sound
Your class will have a chance to run experiments during the event using materials provided by your school. Fizzics Education will provide information on materials required prior to the event date. Should you require a different day please contact us and we’ll arrange a suitable time for you!
Read the full curriculum outcomes here:
Suitable for: K – 2.
- $200 inc GST per session with up to 30 students.
- $300 inc GST per session with up to 60 students.
- $400 inc GST per session with up to 90 students.
- Multiple schools/groups may be booked into each session. If you would like an exclusive session for your cohort, please let us know upon booking.
Multi-Award winning science incursions since 2004 – over 3 million students reached!
IS THIS A FREE EVENT? No
BROUGHT TO YOU BY: Fizzics Education
Live Event - By Request
• $200 inc GST per session with 30 students.
• $300 inc GST per session with 60 students.
• $400 inc GST per session with 90 students.
NSW Ed Connect Schools
Our Vendor Number is 100111329. We will send an invoice with these details for processing with your office.
Please forward the remittance to [email protected]
Please note that we are a small business as such the usual 30-day payment terms can be waived and payment can be processed on the invoice due date.
If paying by Credit card
- Please view the Online Invoice to pay via Credit Card.
- A payment fee applies. We cannot split Credit Card payments.
After booking your place, you will receive an email from us to confirm dates, times and session numbers. Once locked in, an invoice will be emailed to you.
STe-5PW-ST, ST1-8PW-S, ST1-9PW-ST
Main KLA, Strand, Sub Strand
Science and Tech » Working Scientifically and Design and Production » Physical World
Learning Intentions & Success Criteria
- will relates changes in motion to push and pull forces creating unbalanced systems
- describes how contact and non-contact forces can change the direction of an object’s motion
- will understand that friction opposes movement
- will undertand how inertia works at rest, in a straight line and in rotational systems
- investigates the effects of increasing or decreasing the strength of a specific contact or non-contact force
- will understand sound is created by a vibration
- will learn that white light is made of all the visible colours
If we cannot reschedule, cancellations less than 7 days prior to the event will incur 100% of the booking charge.
Terms and Conditions
Online Child Protection Policy
Online Science Classes – Terms and Conditions
Please see all our privacy and legal policies here
Joining The Event
Once you have booked this event, instructions to connect will appear on this Joining the Event tab. You will also receive a confirmation via email.
To get up to date information on this event, please refresh your browser while viewing this Joining the Event tab.
Requirements: Technology, Materials and Pre and Post event requirements.
On booking, we will send out a materials list that details the experiments that you will run in your classroom. These inexpensive science materials are readily accessible in any supermarket and make the video conference more interactive and engaging for students. Please check these details carefully.
A tax invoice will be forwarded on to you for your school administration.
Please let us know dates and times that fit you and we will create a session that fits your schedule.
Fizzics Education has been a leading provider of interactive science workshops and shows since 2004. Through video conferencing and incursion services Fizzics Education presents to approximately 350,000 children each year
Online learning designed with global best practice
The Director Ben Newsome is a past ISTE PLN President for video conferencing and in 2013 completed a Winston Churchill Fellowship, undertaking a USA and Canada tour to study best practice in science education via video conference. He is the co-founder of Virtual Excursions Australia member and an AMP Tomorrow Maker.
Science outreach across NSW, VIC & ACT
- School visits for K to 10
- Primary science teaching book ‘ Be Amazing’
- NESA endorsed Professional Development
- >150 free science experiments
- Free Kitchen Chemistry eBook
- Fun science trivia
- >100 science podcasts
- >100 science teaching articles
For more information please visit www.fizzicseducation.com.au
Optional Further Learning
There are over 200 free science experiments on the Fizzics Education website.
- Inexpensive materials
- Full procedure and the background information
- Variable testing
If you have any queries please contact the provider
Name: Ben Newsome
Phone: 02 9674 2191
Email: [email protected]
Will This Event Be Recorded?