Precision Agronomy – Using field data, Part 2 – National Ag day 2023 (Stage 5, Stage 6)
Part 2 of the Precision Agriculture sessions, presented by the NSW DPI’s Tocal College Precision Agronomy Lecturer, Matt Notley. In this session, Matt explores how to use digital NDVI data obtained from farms for variable rate fertiliser application.
Appropriate for Agriculture, Science, STEM, Technology and Engineering students,
Content covered includes:
- What is variable rate application of fertilisers?
- Precision farming
- Tractors and Global Navigation Satelite Systems (GNSS), autosteer and other autonomous machinery
- Types of GNSS services and their accuracies
- Variable rate fertiliser spreaders
This program will be available for free and on-demand on National Agriculture Day 2023 and ongoingly.
Other titles in the Innovation in Agriculture- National Ag Day 2023 events include:
- Drones and Sensors
- Precision Agronomy – Part 1
- Technology and Innovation in the Dairy Industry
- Viruses in vegetables- When going viral becomes a problem
IS THIS A FREE EVENT? Yes
BROUGHT TO YOU BY: NSW Department of Primary Industries
On Demand (available until: 03-Dec-2025 05:00PM)
Main KLA, Strand, Sub Strand
Science and Tech » Agriculture
Science and Tech » Digital Technologies
Science and Tech » Engineering Studies
Will This Event Be Recorded?
Joining The Event
Once you have booked this event, instructions to connect will appear on this Joining the Event tab. You will also receive a confirmation via email.
To get up to date information on this event, please refresh your browser while viewing this Joining the Event tab.