Precision Agronomy – Getting data, Part 1 – National Ag day 2023 (Stage 5, Stage 6)
Join NSW DPI’s Tocal College Precision Agronomy Lecturer, Matt Notley who shares about Precision agriculture utilising NDVI technology in cropping and pasture production.
Appropriate for Agriculture, Science (Biology and Chemistry) students,
This Content covered includes:
- What is variable rate application of fertilisers
- Sources of data that influence management decisions
- Precision farming
- Capturing and understanding digital data on the farm:
- NDVI and what is it?
- Electromagnetic spectrometry
- Healthy and unhealthy plants
- Different technology to capture NDVI imagery (tractors, drones and satellites)
- Soil sampling
- Career Pathways in Precision Agriculture
This program will be available for free and on-demand on National Agriculture Day 2023 and ongoingly.
Other titles in the Innovation in Agriculture- National Ag Day 2023 events include:
- Drones and Sensors
- Precision Agronomy – Part 2
- Technology and Innovation in the Dairy Industry
- Viruses in vegetables- When going viral becomes a problem
IS THIS A FREE EVENT? Yes
BROUGHT TO YOU BY: NSW Department of Primary Industries
On Demand (available until: 04-Dec-2025 05:00PM)
Main KLA, Strand, Sub Strand
Science and Tech » Agriculture
Science and Tech » Living World 7-10
Science and Tech » Digital Technologies
Will This Event Be Recorded?
Joining The Event
Once you have booked this event, instructions to connect will appear on this Joining the Event tab. You will also receive a confirmation via email.
To get up to date information on this event, please refresh your browser while viewing this Joining the Event tab.
Technology and Materials Requirements
Mandatory technology requirements:
- internet access
More Information About This Event
Find the NSW DPI Schools Programs’ whole suite of learning resources, careers promotion, student events and Teacher Professional Development opportunities at: https://www.nswdpi-schools-program.com/