Discover some of the iconic habitats in the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park, and identify living things and their roles within each habitat.
1. Welcome and introduction to the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park and the different ecosystems
2. Introduction to the diversity of marine life and overview of the roles of different living things
3. Using a simple food chain, predict what happens to predator-prey relationships when affected by human activities
4. Examine various symbiotic relationships in the marine environment
5. Conclude with an interactive review of the main concepts presented together with a summary
Suitable for primary stages of learning and linked to Years 1, 3 and 5 of the Australian science curriculum