- This excursion has passed.
Hot & Cold
Your classroom heats up as we explore how heat is propagated through a variety of materials plus how we harness heat for our own use;
- Investigate heat conductivity in a variety of materials
- Learn how heat can be created from other energy sources.
- Discover how temperature differences can make engines work.
- Learn how convection drives ocean currents and atmospheric processes.
- Look at chemical reactions; some release heat and others absorb heat.- … and more!
From the Sun to future technologies, this workshop will keep your students warmed up to science! Your class will run experiments during the event using materials supplied by your school. Fizzics Education will provide background information required prior to the event date. Should you require a different day please contact us and we’ll arrange a suitable time for you.
Suitable for years 3-6.
- $200 inc GST per session with up to 30 students.
- $300 inc GST per session with up to 60 students.
- $400 inc GST per session with up to 90 students.
- Multiple schools/groups may be booked into each session. If you would like an exclusive session for your cohort, please let us know upon booking.
BROUGHT TO YOU BY: Fizzics Education
Joining The Event
Once you have booked this event, instructions to connect will appear on this Joining the Event tab. You will also receive a confirmation via email.
To get up to date information on this event, please refresh your browser while viewing this Joining the Event tab.
Technology and Materials Requirements
On booking, we will send out a materials list that details the experiments that you will run in your classroom. These inexpensive science materials are readily accessible in any supermarket and make the video conference more interactive and engaging for students. Please check these details carefully.
A tax invoice will be forwarded to you for your school administration.
Please let us know dates and times that fit you and we will create a session that fits your schedule.
If you have any queries please contact the provider
Name: Ben Newsome
Phone: 02 9674 2191
Email: [email protected]