This Museum educator-led program explores Cook’s navigation of the East coast of Australia, focusing on the experiences of First Nations peoples and those travelling on the HMB Endeavour.
– investigate the different perspectives of James Cook’s 1770 journey.
– consider the impacts of the journey on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities.
– compare historical perspectives to understand historical perspectivism.
– think about the role of objects, art, and narratives to examine history.
– reflect on and how we should collectively remember Cook’s voyage into the future.