Climate solutions. Our youth, their future (Stage 3, Stage 4)
Understand the science, understand the urgency, understand it is our youths’ future.
As part of the Powerhouses 100 Climate Conversations weekly podcast, selected innovators have presented simple positive messages to schools about what can be done to save our planet.
In this episode meet Dr Rebecca Huntley, a social researcher and climate activist who studies why we think the way we do about climate change for corporate Australia. Knowing that 25% of Australia’s youth are alarmed by climate change while deniers make up around 1%, she provides strategies that children can employ to engage, enlighten and modify thinking all the way to the corporate boardroom.
This is an edited recording of an interview on Friday 17 June 2022 from the Powerhouse.
IS THIS A FREE EVENT? Yes
BROUGHT TO YOU BY: Powerhouse
Rebecca Huntley is a researcher on Australian positions on climate change and the influence of world views, political identification, social and cultural conditioning on society polarising positions on climate change. Important to bringing people on board and understanding opposition to climate action and studying effective campaigns motiving behavioural change.
On Demand (available until: 20-Jun-2027 11:59PM)
ST3-1WS-S, ST3-4LW-S, SC4-4WS, SC4-7WS, SC4-9WS, SC4-13ES, SC4-15LW
Main KLA, Strand, Sub Strand
Science and Tech » Working Scientifically and Design and Production » Physical World
Science and Tech » Physical World 7-10
Learning Intentions & Success Criteria
Participants will learn to:
- Identify various pathways into STEM careers
- Understand that failure is part of learning
- Accept, though question that climate change is supported by evidence
- Explore solutions that are diverse and achievable
- Ask questions and express their voice through protest in the search for truth.
Success can be measured by the ability of the learners to:
- Explain the key points raised in the program
- Identify at least one variable described in the presentation
- Generate expansive questions
- Suggest ways to continue investigations
- Discuss limitations of the key ideas
- Propose a career path for their own journey with STEM
Will This Event Be Recorded?
Joining The Event
Once you have booked this event, instructions to connect will appear on this Joining the Event tab. You will also receive a confirmation via email.
To get up to date information on this event, please refresh your browser while viewing this Joining the Event tab.
Technology and Materials Requirements
This webinar was recorded live on 17 June 2022. After you book your place, a link to the recording will be sent to the email you have registered with.