Climate solutions. food, sustainability and community through pickling. (Stage 3, Stage 4)
Low carbon small business ideas for a sustainable community
As part of the Powerhouses 100 Climate Conversations weekly podcast, selected innovators have presented simple positive messages to schools about what can be done to save our planet.
Alex Elliot-Howery runs a low carbon café in Sydney and makes sustainability choices every day that can easily transfer to the home. Her simple ideas can help anyone interested in fighting climate change while also preparing tasty community sourced foods with minimal waste. 23min.
This is an edited recording of an interview on Monday 19 June 2023 from the Powerhouse.
IS THIS A FREE EVENT? Yes
BROUGHT TO YOU BY: Powerhouse
On Demand (available until: 28-Jun-2027 05:00PM)
ST3-1WS-S, ST3-4LW-S, SC4-4WS, SC4-7WS, ST3-7MW-T, SC4-11PW
Main KLA, Strand, Sub Strand
Science and Tech » Food Technology
Science and Tech » Living World 7-10
Learning Intentions & Success Criteria
Participants will learn to:
- Identify various pathways into STEM careers
- Understand that failure is part of learning
- Accept, though question that climate change is supported by evidence
- Explore solutions that are diverse and achievable
- Ask questions and express their voice through protest in the search for truth.
Success can be measured by the ability of the learners to:
- Explain the key points raised in the program
- Identify at least one variable described in the presentation
- Generate expansive questions
- Suggest ways to continue investigations
- Discuss limitations of the key ideas
- Propose a career path for their own journey with STEM
Will This Event Be Recorded?
Joining The Event
Once you have booked this event, instructions to connect will appear on this Joining the Event tab. You will also receive a confirmation via email.
To get up to date information on this event, please refresh your browser while viewing this Joining the Event tab.
Technology and Materials Requirements
This webinar was recorded live on 19 June 2023. After you book your place, a link to the recording will be sent to the email you have registered with.