- This excursion has passed.
Behind the Scenes of Sydney Opera House: Live Digital Tour (3-6) (Stage 2, Stage 3)
Transport your class to Bennelong Point for an on demand experience and introduce them to the remarkable history, features and uses of this iconic Australian place.
Transport your class to Bennelong Point and introduce your students to the remarkable history, features and uses of this iconic Australian place. Presented by our expert guide, discover its Indigenous history and cultural significance, gain an exclusive behind-the-scenes look at the design principles formulated by architect Jørn Utzon and finally, learn about how we create live performance experiences.
To stay up to date with Digital Creative Learning activity sign up for our e-News Letter https://www.sydneyoperahouse.com/schools/creative-learning-enews.html or join the Sydney Opera House for Teachers and Educators Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/groups/471738479998388/
IS THIS A FREE EVENT? Yes
BROUGHT TO YOU BY: Sydney Opera House
Live Event - Scheduled
Main KLA, Strand, Sub Strand
HSIE » Geography » People, Places and Environments (Stage 2 - Year 3 and 4)
HSIE » History » Australian History: Community and Remembrance, First Contacts (Stage 2 - Year 3 and 4)
English » Making meaning through responding and composing » Speaking and Listening
Spots are limited. If you can no longer attend, please email us to cancel your booking to avoid a no-show fee of $150.
Will This Event Be Recorded?
No - This will only be available at the designated date & time (18-Aug-2023 12:15PM).
Joining The Event
Once you have booked this event, instructions to connect will appear on this Joining the Event tab. You will also receive a confirmation via email.
To get up to date information on this event, please refresh your browser while viewing this Joining the Event tab.
Technology and Materials Requirements
Please note that this is an interactive session and that a working camera and microphone connection is required in order to participate
CHECKLIST FOR VIRTUAL EXCURSION:
1) Book your virtual excursion using the form on this site
2) A confirmation email will be sent to you from DART Learning
3) A confirmation email and further information will be sent to you from Sydney Opera House at least one week before the event.
4) COMPLETE A SUCCESSFUL TEST with your Zoom equipment
– Test your equipment at least one week before your virtual excursion
– Dial the through the Zoom login details that will be sent to you by Sydney Opera House and ensure that you can connect, can see and hear the SOH feed and that yourcamera and microphone are working correctly
– If you are unsuccessful in completing a test, contact Sydney Opera House Creative Learning at [email protected] for technical assistance. Completing a test with your equipment or VC hardware ensures a successful connection on the day.
More Information About This Event
PLEASE NOTE THIS SESSION COMMENCES AT 12:15PM
· Please dial in 15 minutes prior to the commencement of the session at 12:00pm
· Recommended maximum of 30 students (1 class) per session. Please email [email protected] with any specific requests regarding additional students.
· This booking entitles you to one dial in link with all students watching from the same space. Please email [email protected] with any specific requests regarding additional students.
· Please clear your classroom of desks and chairs and have students sitting on the floor in front of the screen.
· Please make sure the camera is positioned with all students in view so that our Presenter can easily interact with all students.
· Please note failure to attend your booked session without notice may result in being barred from future events