Waste Watchers at Kamay – virtual lesson on Zoom
This year’s theme is ‘Recovery – A future beyond the bin’. The three main material areas are packaging, e-waste and food. During the lesson Stage 2 & 3 students will:
- Learn about aspects of environmental sustainability, with a focus on waste prevention methods based on activities associated with decomposition and biodegradable materials
- Explore waste management issues through discussions and activities that will link in with their local community and school
- Perform a simple class waste audit and discuss the results
- Timeline activity: Hands on activity exploring the breakdown of rubbish in the environment and recycling methods
- Waste Warriors Art Session: Students brainstorm actions that can be taken in your school to be more sustainable and create signage to be mounted around the school or classroom
This lesson explores sustainable concepts and practices through a variety of educational, fun, and hands-on activities, using an interactive platform with Environmental Education teachers.
BROUGHT TO YOU BY:
Kamay Botany Bay Environmental Education Centre
Requirements for this excursion
The virtual lesson will be via Zoom. Once the booking is confirmed a link to Zoom will be sent.
Once a booking has been made a teacher pack will be emailed with pre and post activities. The pack will contain details of equipment needed for the Zoom session.
Teachers will need a whiteboard, laptop, webcam or tablet to access the Zoom lesson. Make sure that you have speakers connected.
For more information about this excursion content
Name: Rebecca Ward
Phone: 9668 9889
Email: [email protected]
This is a FREE event
Our school holds limited seating, and many of our classes sell out. For this reason, we request that you cancel at least 72 hours before your scheduled lesson. This will allow us to offer your spot to another school.
You may call us at 02 9668 9889 or email [email protected] to cancel.