Bringing STEM to life!
A real-life learning experience on one of Australia’s oldest examples of engineered architecture- the Sydney Harbour Bridge.
Students will learn vital skills required in STEM as they take their learning 134 metres above Sydney Harbour- virtually!
The lesson was developed in collaboration with industry and engineering professionals to ensure the practical case study provides clear curriculum outcomes.
- Duration: 8 minutes
- Suitable for: Content is designed for Years 7 & 8 students but is suitable for all ages!
- Format: Privately hosted on YouTube. No download is required.
- Includes: A STEM virtual tour of the Sydney Harbour Bridge with 8 minutes of learning + in-classroom activity sheet!
- Curriculum: Covers Stage 4 Science, Technology and Mathematic subjects in cross-curricular STEM integrated lessons in accordance with the NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA)
A taster of what students will learn about STEM:
- Bridge types, forces, tension and corrosion
- Geometry in Bridge design
- Creative and problem solving activities that integrate thinking and content from STEM
IS THIS A FREE EVENT? Yes
BROUGHT TO YOU BY: BridgeClimb Pylon Lookout & Museum