This fun lesson combines the drama strategies ‘Sculpting’, ‘Improvising’ and mini-games to look at humankind’s impact on the honeybee.
How it works:
In these instructional educational videos, ATYP Teaching Artists will talk you through drama and literacy exercises that can be used in your classroom, or for your own professional learning, before you teach the lesson.
1. Sensory Words & Sculpting: Drawing from Margrete Lamond and Anthony Bertini’s book, Just One Bee, students analyse the text, and look at ‘protagonist and ‘antagonist’ concepts through sculpture.
2. Yes And… & Advance & Detail: A fun warm-up leads students into improvised, oral storytelling from the perspective of the bee.
• Analyse and interpreting a text
• Improvise around a theme
• Engage in oral storytelling and the first-person experience
• Respond to a challenge with empathy.
ATYP On Demand Plus is a Special offer only for DART attendees booking from the DART site.
LIMITED TIME ONLY! Don’t miss out, only available till end of Dec 2022.
IS THIS A FREE EVENT? Yes
BROUGHT TO YOU BY: ATYP – Australian Theatre for Young People