An exciting live session where students learn about working dogs used in Australian Agriculture as well as meeting the author and live animal characters behind the NSW DPI Tocal picture book series.
Join us for this FREE and exciting, live incursion as the NSW DPI’s author Jo Hathway takes you on a virtual adventure and tour around Tocal Farms to celebrate National Agriculture Day 2022.
Stage 1-2 students will learn about:
- What are working dogs?
- Different breeds used in Australia
- Working quarantine sniffer dogs in the DPI
- Tocal farms livestock production
- Agricultural literacy
The program will run on National Agriculture Day 2022.
Who let the dogs out? Jack and Dunedoo, helps students work towards Science and Technology and Geography Stage 2 outcomes: STe-3LW-ST, ST1-4LW-S, ST1-5LW-T and GE1-1.
Other National Ag Day events in the ‘Tales from Tocal’ series to sign up for are:
• 10:00 am Checking in with Charlotte – egg production
• 11:00 am Finding Freda – dairy production
• 12:00 pm ‘Beefing’ it up with Bosley and Bruce – beef cattle
• 2:00 pm Who let the dogs out? – Jack and Dunedoo- working dogs
If your learners and you wish to send through any questions, please email them to [email protected] and state which session your question/s are for in the email subject line by COB Wednesday 16/11/22.