An exciting live and interactive program to learn about Australian beef production and meet the author and live animal characters behind the NSW DPI Tocal picture book series.
Join us for this FREE and exciting, live incursion as the NSW DPI’s author Jo Hathway takes you on a virtual adventure and tour around Tocal Farms to celebrate National Agriculture Day 2022.
Stage 1-2 students will learn about:
- Beef cattle and beef cattle breeds
- Australian beef products
- Nutrition of red meat and the Australian healthy eating guide
- Tocal farms beef production
- Agricultural literacy
The program will run on National Agriculture Day 2022.
Beefing it up with Bosley helps students work towards Science and Technology and Geography Stage 2 outcomes: STe-3LW-ST, ST1-4LW-S, ST1-5LW-T and GE1-1.
Other National Ag Day events in the ‘Tales from Tocal’ series to sign up for are:
• 10:00 am Checking in with Charlotte – egg production
• 11:00 am Finding Freda – dairy production
• 12:00 pm ‘Beefing’ it up with Bosley and Bruce – beef cattle
• 2:00 pm Who let the dogs out? – Jack and Dunedoo- working dogs
If your learners and you wish to send through any questions, please email them to [email protected] and state which session your question/s are for in the email subject line by COB Wednesday 16/11/22.
IS THIS A FREE EVENT? Yes
BROUGHT TO YOU BY: NSW Department of Primary Industries
Click here to book