- This excursion has passed.
SciFest 2021: Food Science Show
Delving into food chemistry in a school stage show!
Designed for the 2021 National Science Week theme which is Food: Different by Design
- What is molecular gastronomy and how is used in modern food design?
- Just how much energy is food
- How is food preserved and why don’t we notice some preservatives when we eat it?
- How can we tell that there are nutrients in food?
- Making healthy choices in our diet
This fun science show makes food science visible and memorable.
Science & Technology K to 6
- identifies that objects are made of materials that have observable properties (STe-4MW-ST)
- identifies how plants and animals are used for food and fibre products (ST1-5LW-T)
- identifies that materials can be changed or combined (ST1-6MW-S)
- describes how the properties of materials determine their use (ST1-7MW-T)
- describes how adding or removing heat causes a change of state (ST2-6MW-S)
- investigates the suitability of natural and processed materials for a range of purposes (ST2-7MW-T)
- describes the characteristics and effects of common forms of energy, such as light and heat (ST2-8PW-ST)
- explains how food and fibre are produced sustainably in managed environments for health and nutrition (ST3-5LW-T)
- explains the effect of heat on the properties and behaviour of materials (ST3-6MW-S)
- explains how the properties of materials determines their use for a range of purposes (ST3-7MW-T)
- explains how energy is transformed from one form to another (ST3-8PW-ST)
PDHPE K to 10
- proposes and implements actions and protective strategies that promote health, safety, wellbeing and physically active spaces (PD3-7)
BROUGHT TO YOU BY: Fizzics Education
Date & Time
18-Aug-2021 02:00PM + Google Calendar + iCal Export
Live Event - Scheduled
Terms and Conditions
Online Child Protection Policy
Online Science Classes – Terms and Conditions
Please see all our privacy and legal policies here
Joining The Event
Technology and Materials Requirements
On booking, we will send out a materials list that details the experiments that you will run in your classroom. These inexpensive science materials are readily accessible in any supermarket and make the video conference more interactive and engaging for students. Please check these details carefully.
Please let us know dates and times that fit you and we will create a session that fits your schedule.
If you have any queries please contact the provider
Name: Ben Newsome
Phone: 02 9674 2191
Email: [email protected]