- This excursion has passed.
Properties of Materials
Find out how solids, liquids and gases change when rapidly heated and cooled.
What do scientists do when they test materials? What are they looking for?
Learn about the variety of applications of materials research in everyday objects.
How is nanotechnology being used in the modern world?
This science show covers phase changes, expansion and contraction, heat conduction, nanotechnology, polymers, materials science and more.
This program is proudly presented by Fizzics Education.
Suitable for: Primary years K – 6.
- $200 inc GST per session with up to 30 students.
- $300 inc GST per session with up to 60 students.
- $400 inc GST per session with up to 90 students.
Multiple schools/groups may be booked into each session. If you would like an exclusive session for your cohort, please let us know upon booking.
NSW Science & Technology Syllabus Content
- identifies ways heat is produced and that heat moves from one object to another (ST2-6PW).
- identifies that adding or removing heat causes a change of state between solids and liquids (ST2-12MW).
- identifies the physical properties of natural and processed materials, and how these properties influence their use (ST2-13MW).
- describes everyday interactions between objects that result from contact and non-contact forces (ST2-7PW).
- identifies then observable properties of solids, liquids & gases, and that changes to materials are reversible or irreversible (ST3-12MW).
- describes how the properties of materials determines their use for specific purposes (ST3-13MW).
BROUGHT TO YOU BY: Fizzics Education
Date & Time
Live Event - Scheduled
Joining The Event
Once you have booked this event, instructions to connect will appear on this Joining the Event tab. You will also receive a confirmation via email.
To get up to date information on this event, please refresh your browser while viewing this Joining the Event tab.
Requirements: Technology, Materials and Pre and Post event requirements.
On booking, we will send out a materials list that details the experiments that you will run in your classroom. These inexpensive science materials are readily accessible in any supermarket and make the video conference more interactive and engaging for students. Please check these details carefully.
A tax invoice will be forwarded on to you for your school administration.
Cannot attend this date and time? We can also organize a different session for you! Please let us know your best dates and times and we will create a session that fits.