- This excursion has passed.
Our Shared Journey (Stage 3)
Explore the artworks along Reconciliation Place, discover that Reconciliation is a journey and celebrate milestone achievements and acts of Indigenous resilience.
This event will take you through a virtual tour of Reconciliation Place. Physically and symbolically located at the heart of Australian democratic and cultural life within Canberra’s National Triangle, this symbolic area recognises the importance of understanding the shared history of Indigenous and non-Indigenous Australians.
Students will explore the artworks to reflect on some of the events, people and concepts that are a part of our shared journey.
IS THIS A FREE EVENT? Yes
BROUGHT TO YOU BY: National Capital Authority
On Demand (available until: 31-Dec-2023 03:00PM)
ACHASSK112, ACHASSK118, ACHASSK135, ACHASSK147, ACHASSK148
Main KLA, Strand, Sub Strand
Aboriginal Culture and History
Learning Intentions & Success Criteria
- Reconciliation is a concept that may prove difficult and complex for some students. Ideas are communicated in gentle and inclusive ways.
- Reconciliation is a journey that we are all taking together as Australians.
- To acknowledge, and reflect on, our collective history and recognise that history is experienced differently by different people.
- To recognise Indigenous Australians holistic belief systems and their spiritual connection to the and, sea, sky and waterways.
- To encourage critical, reflective and empathetic thinking.
- To develop understanding and respect for each other and move forward together as united Australians.
Joining The Event
Once you have booked this event, instructions to connect will appear on this Joining the Event tab. You will also receive a confirmation via email.
To get up to date information on this event, please refresh your browser while viewing this Joining the Event tab.
Technology and Materials Requirements
Requires internet connection.
If you have any queries please contact the provider
Name: National Capital Exhibition
Phone: 02 6272 2902
Email: [email protected]