This lesson uses the drama and literacy strategies ‘Art Gallery & Image Theatre’ and ‘Freeze Frame’ to explore issues that are affecting our environment and how they might originate.
How it works:
In these instructional educational videos, ATYP Teaching Artists will talk you through drama and literacy exercises that can be used in your classroom, or for your own professional learning before you teach the lesson.
The activities this week are highly collaborative and require the students to communicate clearly and effectively.
1. Art Gallery: Building on the visual literacy skills, Art Gallery is performed in groups of four or five with one student in the role as ‘artist’. In that role, the student interprets an existing image of an environmental issue and creates a physical artwork with the other students.
2. Freeze Frame and Tap In: In this exercise students work together to create a living sculpture and are then responsible for clarifying their particular role in the larger work.
• Further their understanding of narrative storytelling
• Work together to create a coherent work for an audience
• Communicate using clear instructions
• Engage in imaginative play
ATYP On Demand Plus is a special offer for DART attendees booking from the DART site.
LIMITED TIME ONLY! Don’t miss out, only available till end of Dec 2022.
IS THIS A FREE EVENT? Yes
BROUGHT TO YOU BY: ATYP – Australian Theatre for Young People
Click here to book