Mind Your Medicine helps children to explore medicines, how they can help and affect the body and why some people need them, as well as how the social and emotional aspects of health can positively or negatively affect health and wellbeing. In a game show format with games, quizzes and short videos, children are encouraged to answer questions, solve problems and start discussions to help them develop skills and strategies to navigate their way into safe and healthy adulthood.
Using a friendly game show format Mind You Medicine develops students’ understanding of medicines and their safe use, positive communication, strategies for managing conflict, stress, and bullying and how feeling influence the choices that we make.
Engaging activities centre on:
- Factors that influence someone’s self-worth.
- Techniques for effective communication.
- Strategies for managing stressful situations.
- Identifying the impact of different factors on health and wellbeing.
- Medicines as drugs and the consequences of their misuse.