To connect your classroom to the Australian Museum via virtual excursion you will need:
- A reliable internet connection;
- A camera and microphone connected to your device;
- A device with a display, e.g. Laptop, Chromebook, iPad, Desktop.
If connecting a whole class or group together, you will also need:
- A projector or screen connected to your device;
- Working speakers connected to your device. Make sure they are switched on and the volume is up.
If connecting on individual devices, you will need:
- Working speakers or headphones connected to your device. Make sure they are switched on and the volume is up.
The simplest way to connect is through a direct connection using Zoom. The connection does not require any software to be downloaded, but does require a computer (PC or Mac) with an internet connection, a webcam, and a microphone.
The Zoom connection to the Australian Museum is secure and private.