- This excursion has passed.
Media Literate Citizens (Stage 2, Stage 3, Stage 4)
Explore the importance of media in our everyday lives. Students will practice their visual thinking skills, create a cartoon and consider how they engage with media.
In this digital workshop, your students will consider the important role of media in our democracy, discuss the techniques used by cartoonists and practice their visual analysis skills.
- develops civic literacy by visiting special places in Old Parliament House
- explores the role of the media in our democracy
- builds media literacy skills by examining current political cartoons for techniques and meaning
- develops visual analysis and media literacy skills using contemporary cartoons and exclusive content
- facilitates rich discussion around leadership and ways to make positive change
- uses collaborative construction to develop media creation skills
- involves students in interactive and engaging learning activities
- explores students’ rights and responsibilities in our democracy
The development of Media Literate Citizens has been guided by the Media Literacy Framework for Australia.
MoAD is a proud partner of the Australian Media Literacy Alliance.
IS THIS A FREE EVENT? Yes
BROUGHT TO YOU BY: Museum of Australian Democracy
Date & Time
26-Oct-2022 10:00AM + Google Calendar + iCal Export
Live Event - Scheduled
Main KLA, Strand, Sub Strand
English » Making meaning through responding and composing » Reading and Viewing
Will This Event Be Recorded?
Joining The Event
Once you have booked this event, instructions to connect will appear on this Joining the Event tab. You will also receive a confirmation via email.
To get up to date information on this event, please refresh your browser while viewing this Joining the Event tab.
Technology and Materials Requirements
This will be a Zoom session. Internet and a device is required to connect.
Students will have the opportunity to practice their cartooning skills as part of the session. We highly recommend having a piece of paper and a pencil ready to go.
If you have any queries please contact the provider
Phone: 02 62708165
Email: [email protected]