- This excursion has passed.
Light & Sound
We look at properties of light & sound… and bring these together so that students can see both concepts are based on waves.
Sound concepts covered:
- What do sound waves look like? How does this relate to light waves?
- How does a sound wave change with pitch and increasing volume?
- And much more…
Light concepts covered:
- Investigate the visible light spectrum, including colour addition and subtraction
- Explore luminescent minerals and other objects using ultraviolet light
- Make coloured shadows and create hovering images
- Learn about translucent, transparent and opaque materials
- Operate zoetropes and flipbooks to create cartoons and more…
From absorption to reflection and pitch to volume, your students will gain a strong understanding of light & sound and it’s applications in everyday life.
This program is proudly presented by Fizzics Education
Suitable for: Primary years 1 – 6.
- $200 inc GST per session with up to 30 students.
- $300 inc GST per session with up to 60 students.
- $400 inc GST per session with up to 90 students.
Multiple schools/groups may be booked into each session. If you would like an exclusive session for your cohort, please let us know upon booking.
BROUGHT TO YOU BY: Fizzics Education
Live Event - Scheduled
Cancellations less than 7 days prior to the event will incur 100% of the booking charge.
Terms and Conditions
Online Child Protection Policy
Online Science Classes – Terms and Conditions
Please see all our privacy and legal policies here
Joining The Event
Once you have booked this event, instructions to connect will appear on this Joining the Event tab. You will also receive a confirmation via email.
To get up to date information on this event, please refresh your browser while viewing this Joining the Event tab.
Technology and Materials Requirements
On booking, we will send out a materials list that details the experiments that you will run in your classroom. These inexpensive science materials are readily accessible in any supermarket and make the video conference more interactive and engaging for students. Please check these details carefully.
A tax invoice will be forwarded on to you for your school administration.
Please let us know dates and times that fit you and we will create a session that fits your schedule.
If you have any queries please contact the provider
Name: Ben Newsome
Phone: 02 9674 2191
Email: [email protected]