Light & Colour – By Request!
Students learn about properties of light in this fun interactive workshop
- Investigate rainbows using the visible light spectrum, plus learn about colour addition and subtraction
- Explore luminescent minerals and other objects using ultraviolet light
- Make coloured shadows and create hovering images
- Learn about translucent, transparent and opaque materials
- Investigate optical fibre and it’s use in hi-speed broadband technology
- Mix creative colour changing chemical concoctions, see illusions and more!
- $200 inc GST per session with 30 students.
- $300 inc GST per session with 60 students.
- $400 inc GST per session with 90 students.
Primary School Outcomes
Australian Curriculum Outcomes
- Light and sound are produced by a range of sources and can be sensed (ACSSU020)
- Light from a source forms shadows and can be absorbed, reflected and refracted (ACSSU080)
NSW Science Syllabus Outcomes
- describes some sources of light and sound that they sense in their daily lives (ST1-6PW)
- uses scientific knowledge about the transfer of light to solve problems that directly affect people’s lives (ST3-7PW)
Fits within Primary Connections: Light fantastic
High School Outcomes
NSW Science Syllabus Content
- discusses how scientific understanding and technological developments have contributed to finding solutions to problems involving energy transfers and transformations SC4-11PW.
- explains how scientific understanding about energy conservation, transfers and transformations is applied in systems SC5-11PW
- appreciates the importance of science in their lives and the role of scientific inquiry in increasing understanding of the world around them SC4-1VA & SC5-1VA
Australian ACARA Content Outcomes:
BROUGHT TO YOU BY: Fizzics Education
Live Event - By Request
Cancellations less than 7 days prior to the event will incur 100% of the booking charge.
Terms and Conditions
Online Child Protection Policy
Online Science Classes – Terms and Conditions
Please see all our privacy and legal policies here
Joining The Event
Once you have booked this event, instructions to connect will appear on this Joining the Event tab. You will also receive a confirmation via email.
To get up to date information on this event, please refresh your browser while viewing this Joining the Event tab.
Requirements: Technology, Materials and Pre and Post event requirements.
On booking, we will send out a materials list that details the experiments that you will run in your classroom. These inexpensive science materials are readily accessible in any supermarket and make the video conference more interactive and engaging for students. Please check these details carefully.
A tax invoice will be forwarded to you for your school administration.
Please let us know dates and times that fit you and we will create a session that fits your schedule.
If you have any queries please contact the provider
Name: Ben Newsome
Phone: 02 9674 2191
Email: [email protected]