- This excursion has passed.
Hunting for Inspiration Interactive Workshop (K-2) 14th October 11:00am (AEDT)
This engaging new storytelling workshop begins with a scavenger hunt. Students will be asked to collect a list of objects from around their homes to help inspire a fun and unique story.
Speaking, listening, and storytelling skills will be built while working with a presenter to create an original story using their scavenged stimulus. This workshop explores the structure and stages of a narrative, while encouraging the development of original, imaginative story ideas inspired by a child’s own world.
This workshop is run for one class at a time. Students can either connect on one login in the classroom or from home on individual logins.
To stay up to date with Digital Creative Learning activity sign up for our e-News Letter https://www.sydneyoperahouse.com/schools/creative-learning-enews.html or join the Sydney Opera House for Teachers and Educators Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/groups/471738479998388/
IS THIS A FREE EVENT? None
BROUGHT TO YOU BY: Sydney Opera House
Date & Time
14-Oct-2021 11:00AM + Google Calendar + iCal Export
Live Event - Scheduled
Main KLA, Strand, Sub Strand
English » Making meaning through responding and composing » Speaking and Listening
English » Making meaning through responding and composing » Text type(s) - Imaginative, Informative, Persuasive
Creative Arts » Drama » Making (role, dramatic contexts, elements and forms)
Joining The Event
Once you have booked this event, instructions to connect will appear on this Joining the Event tab. You will also receive a confirmation via email.
To get up to date information on this event, please refresh your browser while viewing this Joining the Event tab.
Requirements: Technology, Materials and Pre and Post event requirements.
Please note that this is an interactive session and that a working camera and microphone connection is required in order to participate
CHECKLIST FOR VIRTUAL EXCURSION:
1) Book your virtual excursion using the form on this site
2) A confirmation email will be sent to you from DART Learning
3) A confirmation email and further information will be sent to you from Sydney Opera House at least one week before the event.
4) COMPLETE A SUCCESSFUL TEST with your Zoom equipment
– Test your equipment at least one week before your virtual excursion
– Dial the through the Zoom login details that will be sent to you by Sydney Opera House and ensure that you can connect, can see and hear the SOH feed and that yourcamera and microphone are working correctly
– If you are unsuccessful in completing a test, contact Sydney Opera House Creative Learning at [email protected] for technical assistance. Completing a test with your equipment or VC hardware ensures a successful connection on the day.
5) Ensure that your students have completed their scavenger hunt prior to the day
If you have any queries please contact the provider
Name: SOH Creative Learning Team
Phone: 9250 7770
Email: [email protected]
Will This Event Be Recorded?