How We Remember (Stage 3, Stage 4)
A virtual experience of four significant memorials on Anzac Parade.
Take a closer look at 4 thought provoking memorials:
• The Australian Hellenic Memorial
• The Australian Army Memorial
• The Royal Australian Navy Memorial
• The Kemal Ataturk Memorial
Take this unique guided tour where you’re invited to investigate and interpret the symbolisms used in these memorials. And the fascinating stories of service, sacrifice and our national pride.
Find out why Anzac Parade is situated where it is.
*Teachers are invited to take advantage of video prompts to pause and brainstorm with your students what each of the symbols mean and what else has been used in these memorials and the meaning behind it.
IS THIS A FREE EVENT? Yes
BROUGHT TO YOU BY: National Capital Authority
Main KLA, Strand, Sub Strand
HSIE » History » Australian History: Colonials and National (Stage 3 - Year 5 and 6)
Learning Intentions & Success Criteria
To understand that symbols and emblems have potent meaning for different groups of people.
• Students develop an understanding of the shared values of “active citizenship.”
• To recognise that active citizenship provides rights and freedoms but also comes with responsibility and obligations.
• Students in unpacking the symbols and signs along Anzac Parade discover how we honour active service in Australian Society.
• To recognise how freedom, responsibility and respect can promote cohesion in Australian society.
• Students develop an appreciation that the sacrifices made in the past have shaped Australian Identity.
Will This Event Be Recorded?
Joining The Event
Once you have booked this event, instructions to connect will appear on this Joining the Event tab. You will also receive a confirmation via email.
To get up to date information on this event, please refresh your browser while viewing this Joining the Event tab.
Technology and Materials Requirements
Reliable internet & viewing device.
If you have any queries please contact the provider
Name: National Capital Exhibition
Phone: 02 6272 2902
Email: [email protected]