Millions of Australians live in cities, and it can be a challenge finding garden spaces that help keep us healthy and nourished. In this virtual session, students will work with a Gardens Educator to identify environmental challenges in cities and explore potential solutions through a range of vertical garden designs used in our gardens. After watching a live demonstration of a small space garden build, students will be challenged to use the Design Process in designing their own sustainable garden that will survive and produce food in a small space!
- Develop an understanding of why gardens in the city are important
- Address the challenge of garden designs in highly urbanised areas
- Explore a variety of vertical garden designs
- Experience the construction of a a small space garden that provides food through live demonstration
- Engage 21st Thinking Skills to begin designing a small space garden for their home using recycled materials!
Who: Homeschool students, recommended for stages 2 & 3. Students outside of these stages are welcome to book, however the content and activities will be aimed at stage 2 & 3.
Bookings: Bookings are via Humanitix only. Please click the ‘view excursion website’ button below to process your booking
Cost: $10 per student.
Capacity: 30 students per session
Please note: We have a minimum attendance for this session to run. If minimum attending numbers are not met, the session will be cancelled with 48 hours notice via email. A refund will apply in this instance.