- This excursion has passed.
Going Bush Online: Mega & Microbats
Connecting with nature has never been more important than in times of online schooling and zoom meetings.
Let Greater Sydney Parklands’ education team bring the beauty of nature into your home or school with Bush School online. These interactive virtual sessions with our skilled education rangers will keep students connected and engaged to the environment around them. Each session will include storytelling and a nature-based activity, encouraging children to get outdoors and in their local environments to climb, explore and connect.
Theme: Megabats & Microbats
– Introduction to different types of bats we commonly see and hear in Sydney
– Story of Ficus the Grey-headed Flying Fox
– When and where we might see different bats? How they navigate, what they eat and where they sleep, scavenge and hunt.
– Superpowers of both bat species
– Creating your own bat out of loose natural parts.
There are three workshops: 9.15am, 10.15am and 11.15am
BROUGHT TO YOU BY: Greater Sydney Parklands
Date & Time
09-Nov-2021 09:15AM + Google Calendar + iCal Export
Live Event - Scheduled
Joining The Event
Technology and Materials Requirements
Internet access and Zoom Account
If you have any queries please contact the provider
Name: Education Team
Email: [email protected]