- This excursion has passed.
FREE – Turtle Connections virtual learning experience (Stage 1, Stage 2, Stage 3, Stage 4, Stage 5)
Join us for this FREE virtual learning experience about sea turtles.
1. Welcome and introduction to the Great Barrier Reef and the diversity of its marine turtles
2. Introduction to the adaptations of marine turtles and their life history
3. Introduction to marine debris and other threats to marine turtles
4. Reef HQ Aquarium Turtle Hospital – education and turtle rehabilitation
5. Looking out for marine turtles: learn about the things we can all do to reduce the problem of marine debris and create a healthier marine environment for all the Reef’s creatures.
Suitable for all ages and stages of learning.
IS THIS A FREE EVENT? Yes
BROUGHT TO YOU BY: Reef HQ – Great Barrier Reef Aquarium
Date & Time
23-May-2023 11:00AM + Google Calendar + iCal Export
Live Event - Scheduled
Main KLA, Strand, Sub Strand
Science and Tech » Living World 7-10
Science and Tech » Biology
Learning Intentions & Success Criteria
This Turtle Connections virtual learning experience will provide participants with an opportunity to:
1. Learn about the species of marine turtle found on the Great Barrier Reef
2. Learn about the adaptations and life-cycle of marine turtles
3. Learn about the main threats facing marine turtles (including marine debris)
4. Understand the role of Reef HQ Aquarium Turtle Hospital in caring for sick and injured marine turtles
5. Explore the simple actions that everyone can adopt to help marine turtles and the Great Barrier Reef
Suitable to all ages and stages of learning.
Will This Event Be Recorded?
Joining The Event
Technology and Materials Requirements
Webinar registration, laptop, PC or mobile device, internet connection
Connecting To The Event
Please use this link to register. On registering you will be sent a link to connect to the webinar, on the day.
If you have any queries please contact the provider
Name: Reef Education
Phone: 07 4750 0754
Email: [email protected]