- This excursion has passed.
Forces, Friction & Movement (Early Stage 1, Stage 1, Stage 2, Stage 3)
Learn about all three of Newton’s Laws of Motion in this workshop, where we’ll look in-depth at how push and pull forces act to move objects!
Students will be guided by our presenter in exploring:
- Push and pull forces
- Which variables impact friction between two surfaces and how this affects an object’s movement
- Rotational forces in a variety of objects.
- Inertia & momentum… just what does this mean?
Newton would be happy here with this STEM content!
Suitable for: Primary years K – 6.
- $200 inc GST per session with up to 30 students.
- $300 inc GST per session with up to 60 students.
- $400 inc GST per session with up to 90 students.
Multiple schools/groups may be booked into each session. If you would like an exclusive session for your cohort, please let us know upon booking.
Should you require a different day please contact us and we’ll arrange a suitable time for you!
IS THIS A FREE EVENT? No
BROUGHT TO YOU BY: Fizzics Education
Date & Time
30-Mar-2022 09:30AM + Google Calendar + iCal Export
Live Event - Scheduled
- $200 inc GST per session with up to 30 students
- $300 inc GST per session with up to 60 students
- $400 inc GST per session with up to 90 students
After booking your place, you will receive an email from us to confirm dates, times and session numbers. Once locked in, an invoice will be emailed to you.
STe-5PW-ST, ST1-9PW-ST, ST2-9PW-ST, ST3-9PW-ST
Main KLA, Strand, Sub Strand
Science and Tech » Working Scientifically and Design and Production » Physical World
Learning Intentions & Success Criteria
In this workshop, a student:
- observes the way objects move and relates changes in motion to push and pull forces
- investigates how forces and energy are used in products
- describes how contact and non-contact forces affect an object’s motion
- investigates the effects of increasing or decreasing the strength of a specific contact or non-contact force
Cancellations less than 7 days prior to the event will incur 100% of the booking charge.
Terms and Conditions
Online Child Protection Policy
Online Science Classes – Terms and Conditions
Please see all our privacy and legal policies here
Will This Event Be Recorded?
Joining The Event
Once you have booked this event, instructions to connect will appear on this Joining the Event tab. You will also receive a confirmation via email.
To get up to date information on this event, please refresh your browser while viewing this Joining the Event tab.
Technology and Materials Requirements
After your booking is finalised, we will send out a materials list that details the experiments that you will run in your classroom. These inexpensive science materials are readily accessible in any supermarket and make the video conference more interactive and engaging for students. Please check these details carefully.
A tax invoice will be forwarded on to you for your school administration.
Please let us know dates and times that fit you and we will create a session that fits your schedule.
Connecting To The Event
Once your booking has been finalised, we will send you a password-protected meeting room link if the incursion is hosted by Fizzics Education. If you are hosting the incursion on your Zoom account or other platforms, please send us the joining instructions.
More Information About This Event
For curriculum links and more information:
Forces, Friction, & Movement
Looking for a different online class?
We have 30 live online classes to choose from!
Find out more on the Fizzics Education Website here
The following free resources have a lot of extra science lesson plans & ideas here!
· >150 free science experiments
· >100 STEM teaching articles
· >100 science education podcasts
Onsite School Visits
Video conferences can be supported by on-site incursions, no matter where you are in NSW.
If you’re in a small school we can work with you to link to other schools to make the visit possible.
Find out more about these workshops here.
How to arrange a regional school science visit
Find out more here
If you have any queries please contact the provider
Name: Ben Newsome
Phone: 02 9674 2191
Email: [email protected]