Digging dinosaurs (Stage 2, Stage 3)
Students will have a roaring great time as they learn about dinosaurs in this hands-on science workshop designed to look at palaeontology in a realistic way.
- Find out how fossils are formed
- Go beyond the bones with replica dinosaur skin and eggs, teeth
- Learn about Australian dinosaurs that are being found in QLD
- Discover the evidence for the meteorite strike that potentially wiped out the dinosaurs and much more
Read the full curriculum outcomes here:
Your class will have a chance to run experiments during the event using materials provided by your school. Fizzics Education will provide information on materials required prior to the event date. Should you require a different day please contact us and we’ll arrange a suitable time for you!
$200 inc GST per session with up to 30 students
$300 inc GST per session with up to 60 students
$400 inc GST per session with up to 90 students
Multiple schools/groups may be booked into each session. If you would like an exclusive session for your cohort, please let us know upon booking.
Multi-Award winning science incursions since 2004 – over 3 million students reached!
IS THIS A FREE EVENT? No
BROUGHT TO YOU BY: Fizzics Education
Live Event - By Request
• $200 inc GST per session with 30 students.
• $300 inc GST per session with 60 students.
• $400 inc GST per session with 90 students.
NSW Ed Connect Schools
Our Vendor Number is 100111329. We will send an invoice with these details for processing with your office.
Please forward the remittance to [email protected].
Please note that we are a small business as such the usual 30-day payment terms can be waived and payment can be processed on the invoice due date.
If paying by Credit card
- Please view the Online Invoice to pay via Credit Card.
- A payment fee applies. We cannot split Credit Card payments.
After booking your place, you will receive an email from us to confirm dates, times and session numbers. Once locked in, an invoice will be emailed to you.
ST2-4LW-S, ST3-4LW-S, ST3-10ES-S
Main KLA, Strand, Sub Strand
Science and Tech » Working Scientifically and Design and Production » Living World
Science and Tech » Working Scientifically and Design and Production » Earth and Space
Learning Intentions & Success Criteria
A student will:
- Learn that dinosaurs lived millions of years ago
- Learn the current theory that describes how the dinosaurs became extinct
- Learn about Australian Dinosaurs
- Learn how fossils are formed
- Be able to describe different techniques in uncovering fossils
- Will describe features of different dinosaurs
If we cannot reschedule, cancellations less than 7 days prior to the event will incur 100% of the booking charge.
Terms and Conditions
Online Child Protection Policy
Online Science Classes – Terms and Conditions
Please see all our privacy and legal policies here
Fizzics Education has been a leading provider of interactive science workshops and shows since 2004. Through video conferencing and incursion services Fizzics Education presents to approximately 350,000 children each year
Online learning designed with global best practice
The Director Ben Newsome is a past ISTE PLN President for video conferencing and in 2013 completed a Winston Churchill Fellowship, undertaking a USA and Canada tour to study best practice in science education via video conference. He is the co-founder of Virtual Excursions Australia member and an AMP Tomorrow Maker.
Science outreach across NSW, VIC & ACT
- School visits for K to 10
- Primary science teaching book ‘ Be Amazing’
- NESA endorsed Professional Development
- >150 free science experiments
- Free Kitchen Chemistry eBook
- Fun science trivia
- >100 science podcasts
- >100 science teaching articles
For more information please visit www.fizzicseducation.com.au
Will This Event Be Recorded?
Joining The Event
Once you have booked this event, instructions to connect will appear on this Joining the Event tab. You will also receive a confirmation via email.
To get up to date information on this event, please refresh your browser while viewing this Joining the Event tab.
Technology and Materials Requirements
We will work with you to find the best date and your preferred conference platform (we prefer Zoom and will use this as a default)
Please let us know dates and times that fit you and we will create a session that fits your schedule.
After your booking is finalised, we will send out a materials list that details the experiments that you will run in your classroom. These inexpensive science materials are readily accessible in any supermarket and make the video conference more interactive and engaging for students. Please check these details carefully.
More Information About This Event
For curriculum links and more information:
Looking for a different online class?
We have 30 live online classes to choose from!
Find out more on the Fizzics Education Website here
The following free resources have a lot of extra science lesson plans & ideas here!
· >150 free science experiments
· >100 STEM teaching articles
· >100 science education podcasts
Onsite School Visits
Video conferences can be supported by on-site incursions, no matter where you are in NSW.
If you’re in a small school we can work with you to link to other schools to make the visit possible.
Find out more here