Destination Moon (Stage 2, Stage 3, Stage 4, Stage 5)
Discover the science required to reach the Moon and the space programs that made it all happen. From trajectories & orbits to rocketry & materials science, we’ll look at current and future space programs, operations, and missions
Students will gain an appreciation of astronomy and gain insight into our place in the universe.
Designed to cover a broad range of concepts that is accessible to students.
- Artemis vs the Apollo missions
- The science that is done on the Moon
- Lunar eclipses vs solar eclipses
- Tidal locking of the Moon
- Lunar phases
- and more!
Your class will have a chance to run experiments during the event using materials provided by your school. Fizzics Education will provide information on materials required prior to the event date. Should you require a different day please contact us and we’ll arrange a suitable time for you!
Read the full curriculum outcomes here:
- $200 inc GST per session with up to 30 students.
- $300 inc GST per session with up to 60 students.
- $400 inc GST per session with up to 90 students.
- Multiple schools/groups may be booked into each session. If you would like an exclusive session for your cohort, please let us know upon booking.
Multi-Award winning science incursions since 2004 – over 3 million students reached!
IS THIS A FREE EVENT? No
BROUGHT TO YOU BY: Fizzics Education
Live Event - By Request
• $200 inc GST per session with 30 students.
• $300 inc GST per session with 60 students.
• $400 inc GST per session with 90 students.
NSW Ed Connect Schools
Our Vendor Number is 100111329. We will send an invoice with these details for processing with your office.
Please forward the remittance to [email protected].
Please note that we are a small business as such the usual 30-day payment terms can be waived and payment can be processed on the invoice due date.
If paying by Credit card
- Please view the Online Invoice to pay via Credit Card.
- A payment fee applies. We cannot split Credit Card payments.
After booking your place, you will receive an email from us to confirm dates, times and session numbers. Once locked in, an invoice will be emailed to you.
ST2-9PW-ST, ST2-10ES-S, ST3-9PW-ST, ST3-10ES-S, SC4-12ES, SC5-12ES
Main KLA, Strand, Sub Strand
Science and Tech » Earth and Space 7-10
Science and Tech » Earth and Environmental Science
Science and Tech » Working Scientifically and Design and Production » Earth and Space
Learning Intentions & Success Criteria
- Will understand how the Moon phases change
- Will understand how eclipses form
- Will understand how the tides are formed by the Moon’s & Earth’s gravity
- Will understand the distance of the Moon from the Earth
- Will know more about the Artemis missions and compare them to the Apollo Missions
- Will understand how forces act in rockets during launch
- Will learn how spacesuits protect astronauts from radiation, micrometeorites, lack of air pressure & more
- Will understand that heat shields are necessary for the return of spacecraft to Eart
If we cannot reschedule, cancellations less than 7 days prior to the event will incur 100% of the booking charge.
Terms and Conditions
Online Child Protection Policy
Online Science Classes – Terms and Conditions
Please see all our privacy and legal policies here
Fizzics Education has been a leading provider of interactive science workshops and shows since 2004. Through video conferencing and incursion services Fizzics Education presents to approximately 350,000 children each year
Online learning designed with global best practice
The Director Ben Newsome is a past ISTE PLN President for video conferencing and in 2013 completed a Winston Churchill Fellowship, undertaking a USA and Canada tour to study best practice in science education via video conference. He is the co-founder of Virtual Excursions Australia member and an AMP Tomorrow Maker.
Science outreach across NSW, VIC & ACT
- School visits for K to 10
- Primary science teaching book ‘ Be Amazing’
- NESA endorsed Professional Development
- >150 free science experiments
- Free Kitchen Chemistry eBook
- Fun science trivia
- >100 science podcasts
- >100 science teaching articles
For more information please visit www.fizzicseducation.com.au
Will This Event Be Recorded?
Joining The Event
Once you have booked this event, instructions to connect will appear on this Joining the Event tab. You will also receive a confirmation via email.
To get up to date information on this event, please refresh your browser while viewing this Joining the Event tab.
Technology and Materials Requirements
We will work with you to find the best date and your preferred conference platform (we prefer Zoom and will use this as a default)
Please let us know dates and times that fit you and we will create a session that fits your schedule.
After your booking is finalised, we will send out a materials list that details the experiments that you will run in your classroom. These inexpensive science materials are readily accessible in any supermarket and make the video conference more interactive and engaging for students. Please check these details carefully.A tax invoice will be forwarded to you for your school administration.
More Information About This Event
For curriculum links and more information:
Looking for a different online class?
We have 30 live online classes to choose from!
Find out more on the Fizzics Education Website here
The following free resources have a lot of extra science lesson plans & ideas here!
· >150 free science experiments
· >100 STEM teaching articles
· >100 science education podcasts
Onsite School Visits
Video conferences can be supported by on-site incursions, no matter where you are in NSW.
If you’re in a small school we can work with you to link to other schools to make the visit possible.
Find out more here