- This excursion has passed.
Destination Moon (Stage 1, Stage 2, Stage 3, Stage 4)
Discover the science required to reach the Moon and the space programs that made it all happen!
From trajectories and orbits to rocketry and materials science, we’ll look at current and future space programs, operations, and missions. Students will gain an appreciation of astronomy and gain insight into our place in the universe.
Suitable for: Years 2-8
- $200 inc GST per session with up to 30 students.
- $300 inc GST per session with up to 60 students.
- $400 inc GST per session with up to 90 students.
Multiple schools/groups may be booked into each session. If you would like an exclusive session for your cohort, please let us know upon booking.
Should you require a different day please contact us and we’ll arrange a suitable time for you!
IS THIS A FREE EVENT? No
BROUGHT TO YOU BY: Fizzics Education
Date & Time
Live Event - Scheduled
- $200 inc GST per session with up to 30 students
- $300 inc GST per session with up to 60 students
- $400 inc GST per session with up to 90 students
After booking your place, you will receive an email from us to confirm dates, times and session numbers. Once locked in, an invoice will be emailed to you.
ST2-9PW-ST, ST2-10ES-S, ST3-9PW-ST, ST3-10ES-S, SC4-1VA, SC5-1VA
Main KLA, Strand, Sub Strand
Science and Tech » Working Scientifically and Design and Production » Earth and Space
Science and Tech » Working Scientifically and Design and Production » Physical World
Science and Tech » Earth and Space 7-10
Learning Intentions & Success Criteria
- describes how contact and non-contact forces affect an object’s motion
- investigates regular changes caused by interactions between the Earth and the Sun, and changes to the Earth’s surface
- investigates the effects of increasing or decreasing the strength of a specific contact or non-contact force
- explains regular events in the solar system and geological events on the Earth’s surface
- appreciates the importance of science in their lives and the role of scientific inquiry in increasing understanding of the world around them
Cancellations less than 7 days prior to the event will incur 100% of the booking charge.
Terms and Conditions
Online Child Protection Policy
Online Science Classes – Terms and Conditions
Please see all our privacy and legal policies here
Joining The Event
Once you have booked this event, instructions to connect will appear on this Joining the Event tab. You will also receive a confirmation via email.
To get up to date information on this event, please refresh your browser while viewing this Joining the Event tab.
Requirements: Technology, Materials and Pre and Post event requirements.
After your booking is finalised, we will send out a materials list that details the experiments that you will run in your classroom. These inexpensive science materials are readily accessible in any supermarket and make the video conference more interactive and engaging for students. Please check these details carefully.
A tax invoice will be forwarded on to you for your school administration.
Please let us know dates and times that fit you and we will create a session that fits your schedule.
Connecting To The Event
Once your booking has been finalised, we will send you a password-protected meeting room link if the incursion is hosted by Fizzics Education. If you are hosting the incursion on your Zoom account or other platforms, please send us the joining instructions.
If you have any queries please contact the provider
Name: Ben Newsome
Phone: 02 9674 2191
Email: [email protected]
Will This Event Be Recorded?