- This excursion has passed.
Community and Remembrance in The Rocks
This interactive and virtual History Site Study covers the Stage 2 History topic ‘Community and Remembrance‘, through an exploration of The Rocks Sydney. Experienced DoE history teachers will guide students though the topic, including an exploration of:
- significant celebrations and commemorations in Australia
- examples of things that commemorate important people, places and events in our history with a focus on The Rocks
- how important people, groups and events changed a local community (The Rocks) over time
- how and why people choose to remember significant events of the past.
The webinar takes the form of a fun, historical investigation into Australia’s early colonial history in The Rocks through engaging information, student polls, specific site studies and history journal activities. A comprehensive student website supports the webinar, and provides additional learning opportunities. The webinar follows DoE online safety protocols.
BROUGHT TO YOU BY: Observatory Hill EEC
Date & Time
Live Event - Scheduled
Cancellations need to be made within 1 week of the date of the webinar or a cancellation fee $30.00 per class will be charged.
Joining The Event
Once you have booked this event, instructions to connect will appear on this Joining the Event tab. You will also receive a confirmation via email.
To get up to date information on this event, please refresh your browser while viewing this Joining the Event tab.
Requirements: Technology, Materials and Pre and Post event requirements.
Participants require internet and Zoom access. All learning materials will be provided.
If you have any queries please contact the provider
Name: Glen Halliday
Phone: 9247 7321
Email: [email protected]