- This excursion has passed.
Community and Remembrance in The Rocks
This interactive and virtual History Site Study covers the Stage 2 History topic ‘Community and Remembrance‘, through an exploration of The Rocks Sydney. Experienced DoE history teachers will guide students though the topic, including an exploration of:
- significant celebrations and commemorations in Australia
- examples of things that commemorate important people, places and events in our history with a focus on The Rocks
- how important people, groups and events changed a local community (The Rocks) over time
- how and why people choose to remember significant events of the past.
The webinar takes the form of a fun, historical investigation into Australia’s early colonial history in The Rocks through engaging information, student polls, specific site studies and history journal activities. A comprehensive student website supports the webinar, and provides additional learning opportunities. The webinar follows DoE online safety protocols.
BROUGHT TO YOU BY: Observatory Hill EEC
Date & Time
13-Oct-2021 10:00AM + Google Calendar + iCal Export
Live Event - Scheduled
Cancellations need to be made within 1 week of the date of the webinar or a cancellation fee $30.00 per class will be charged.
Joining The Event
Once you have booked this event, instructions to connect will appear on this Joining the Event tab. You will also receive a confirmation via email.
To get up to date information on this event, please refresh your browser while viewing this Joining the Event tab.
Technology and Materials Requirements
Participants require internet and Zoom access. All learning materials will be provided.
If you have any queries please contact the provider
Name: Glen Halliday
Phone: 9247 7321
Email: [email protected]