- This excursion has passed.
Coastcare Week: Where the rivers meet the sea
Recognise Coastcare Week with this exploration of the interactions between the land and sea. Eighty-five percent of Australians live within 50km of the coast. This session looks at the waste that washes downstream in our catchments, the impacts it has on our estuaries, wetlands and coastal areas where the rivers meets the sea.
In this program students will:
- understand the different journey water takes through a catchment
- learn how waste can enter the waterways
- discover the impacts of waste on estuaries, wetlands and the coastal habitats
- appreciate that what happens on land can impact our rivers and oceans.
Find out what you can do to protect our coasts and marvellous marine life.
Presenter: Australian Environmental Education
BROUGHT TO YOU BY: Virtual Excursions Australia
Joining The Event
Once you have booked this event, instructions to connect will appear on this Joining the Event tab. You will also receive a confirmation via email.
To get up to date information on this event, please refresh your browser while viewing this Joining the Event tab.
Technology and Materials Requirements
This session requires internet access to view Zoom Webinar
Please submit questions through Q&A function
Session delivered 2pm AEDT