Climate Solutions. Zero waste sustainable fashion (Stage 5, Stage 6)
Love the clothes you wear to save the planet and prevent the fashion industry from contributing to 30% of global carbon emissions by 2050.
As part of the Powerhouses 100 Climate Conversations weekly podcast, selected innovators have presented simple positive messages to schools about what can be done to save our planet.
Hear from Zoltan Csaki Co-founder of Citizen Wolf, a sustainable fashion brand based in Sydney who have revolutionised fashion production to an on-demand model and aim to be the role model for the fashion industry of the future. Their mission is to re-engineer through technology the way clothes are made at scale to reduce waste. They offer a custom-made clothing service through their tailoring facility using natural fibres and ensuring zero waste.
This is an edited recording of an interview on Friday 9 September 2022 from the Powerhouse.
IS THIS A FREE EVENT? Yes
BROUGHT TO YOU BY: Powerhouse
Zoltan CSAKI co-founder. Citizen Wolf has revolutionised fashion production to in on-demand model, reducing waste created through traditional overproduction models. Sustainability is central to Csaki’s philosophy and are the first in Australia to use this manufacturing approach. Rare example of sustainable production in a high emitting global industry
On Demand (available until: 26-Sep-2027 05:00PM)
Main KLA, Strand, Sub Strand
Vocational Education and Training (VET) » Retail
Learning Intentions & Success Criteria
Participants will learn to:
- Identify various pathways into STEM careers
- Understand that failure is part of learning
- Accept, though question that climate change is supported by evidence
- Explore solutions that are diverse and achievable
- Ask questions and express their voice through protest in the search for truth.
Success can be measured by the ability of the learners to:
- Explain the key points raised in the program
- Identify at least one variable described in the presentation
- Generate expansive questions
- Suggest ways to continue investigations
- Discuss limitations of the key ideas
- Propose a career path for their own journey with STEM
Will This Event Be Recorded?
Joining The Event
Once you have booked this event, instructions to connect will appear on this Joining the Event tab. You will also receive a confirmation via email.
To get up to date information on this event, please refresh your browser while viewing this Joining the Event tab.
Technology and Materials Requirements
This webinar was recorded live on 9 September 2022. After you book your place, a link to the recording will be sent to the email you have registered with.
If you have any queries please contact the provider
Name: Bookings team
Phone: 61 2 9217 0222
Email: [email protected]