Climate solutions. Urban cooling with Dr Sebastian Pfautsch (Stage 3, Stage 4)
Dr Sebastian Pfautsch explains how to cool new housing estates, playgrounds and schools efficiently and sustainably.
As part of the Powerhouse’ 100 Climate Conversations weekly podcast, selected innovators have presented simple positive messages to schools about what can be done to save our planet.
In this episode meet Dr Sebastian Pfautsch. His mission is to cool playgrounds, schools and homes to improve health and reduce our carbon footprint. Clever and sustainable planning, construction and living just may change our Earth Overshoot Day. His ideas are positive, practical and most importantly, achievable.
This is an edited recording of an interview on Friday 4 April 2022 from the Powerhouse.
IS THIS A FREE EVENT? Yes
BROUGHT TO YOU BY: Powerhouse
Dr Sebastian Pfautsch is an Associate Professor in Urban Studies and the Research Champion for Western Sydney at Western Sydney University. In these roles, Dr Pfautsch develops trans-disciplinary research around the complex issue of urban heat.
On Demand (available until: 11-Apr-2027 11:59PM)
ST3-1WS-S, ST3-4LW-S, SC4-4WS, SC4-7WS, SC4-9WS, SC4-13ES, SC4-15LW
Main KLA, Strand, Sub Strand
Science and Tech » Physical World 7-10
Science and Tech » Earth and Environmental Science
Learning Intentions & Success Criteria
Participants will learn to:
- Identify various pathways into STEM careers
- Understand that failure is part of learning
- Accept, though question that climate change is supported by evidence
- Explore solutions that are diverse and achievable
- Ask questions and express their voice through protest in the search for truth.
Success can be measured by the ability of the learners to:
- Explain the key points raised in the program
- Identify at least one variable described in the presentation
- Generate expansive questions
- Suggest ways to continue investigations
- Discuss limitations of the key ideas
- Propose a career path for their own journey with STEM
Joining The Event
Once you have booked this event, instructions to connect will appear on this Joining the Event tab. You will also receive a confirmation via email.
To get up to date information on this event, please refresh your browser while viewing this Joining the Event tab.
Requirements: Technology, Materials and Pre and Post event requirements.
This webinar was recorded live on 1 April 2022. After you book your place, a link to the recording will be sent to the email you have registered with.
If you have any queries please contact the provider
Name: Bookings team
Email: [email protected]
Will This Event Be Recorded?