- This excursion has passed.
Butterflies and Biodiversity
Australia is home to over 400 butterflies, yet our knowledge about how many species are threatened or declining remains limited. Butterflies play an important role in the pollination of many native plant species and to facilitate their recovery we need to understand the threats they face and how we can work together to protect them.
• the diversity of Australian butterflies
• the Purple Copper’s relationship with a tiny ant and a spiny plant
• how the ‘Friends with Benefits’ project is looking after the species’ habitat in the Lithgow area
• how Bushcare is working to reduce threats that interrupt ‘hill-topping’ behaviour in butterflies
• how you can help us learn more about our amazing butterflies by joining the ‘Counting Coppers’ citizen science project.
BROUGHT TO YOU BY: Biodiversity and Conservation | Department of Planning, Industry and Environment
Date & Time
26-Sep-2021 01:00PM + Google Calendar + iCal Export
Live Event - Scheduled
Joining The Event
Requirements: Technology, Materials and Pre and Post event requirements.
Internet access and a device