Become a predator and learn about how prey protect themselves
Welcome to the planet Xenon where you’ll need to stay alive by eating the different bugs you find – who will stay alive the longest?
Our app Xenon Crowe allows you to experience life as a predatory bird while exploring the living world through an app that uses augmented reality. Discover the traits of survival first-hand while you eat delicious grubs! Who said you can’t discover the living world around you from home? Join us and explore the living world through the eyes of a predator.
In Xenon Crowe, students learn about evolution, animal behaviour and how our environment affects the growth, survival, and adaptation of living things. Students will engage in gameplay with up to 150 peers and explore their data that is automatically collected and visualised into graphs. This means that through interactive videos, your students will use their own data to break down the concepts they are learning! Our excursions incorporate literacy and numeracy activities to further develop student skills. We understand all students have unique learning needs, so we’ve made sure our excursions are flexible in content and delivery to meet the individual learning requirements of all students. Just let us know when you’d like the excursion to be and we’ll take care of everything else.
This digital excursion was designed by Associate Professor Michael Kasumovic along with a team of biologists at UNSW who will deliver this experiment. Michael began his quest to figure out a way to excite disengaged students in a typical classroom. This excursion provides an opportunity for students to ask questions, answer polls, and collect their own first-hand data guided by real life scientists and experts in their field. Your class will have the chance to run their own experiment during this event using Arludo’s apps and e-worksheets and work with experts!
Arludo’s revolutionary apps and e-worksheets offer single and multiplayer games that use augmented reality to explore a singular topic aligned with the Australian curriculum. This app focuses on the Living World module and caters to Stage 2 to 5. Our apps and e-worksheets foster student-centred learning to encourage the development of a student’s scientific skills and interest in the world around us.
Need more information? Check out our website here.
Proudly presented by Arludo and partnered with the Australian Museum, Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences, The Royal Botanic Gardens and Domain Trust, UNSW, and the University of Sydney.
NSW Syllabus Outcomes: Science K-10
- ST2-11LW describes ways that science knowledge helps people understand the effect of their actions on the environment and on the survival of living things
- ST3-10LW describes how structural features and other adaptations of living things help them to survive in their environment
- ST3-11LW describes some physical conditions of the environment and how these affect the growth and survival of living things
- SC4-14LW relates the structure and function of living things to their classification, survival and reproduction
Working Scientifically Outcomes: K-10
- ST2-4WS investigates their questions and predictions by analysing collected data, suggesting explanations for their findings, and communicating and reflecting on the processes undertaken
- ST3-4WS investigates by posing questions, including testable questions, making predictions, and gathering data to draw evidence-based conclusions and develop explanations
- SC4-6WS follows a sequence of instructions to safely undertake a range of investigation types, collaboratively and individually
- SC4-7WS processes and analyses data from a first-hand investigation and secondary sources to identify trends, patterns and relationships, and draw conclusions
- SC4-9WS presents science ideas, findings and information to a given audience using appropriate scientific language, text types and representations
BROUGHT TO YOU BY: ARLUDO
Live Event - By Request
Joining The Event
Once you have booked this event, instructions to connect will appear on this Joining the Event tab. You will also receive a confirmation via email.
To get up to date information on this event, please refresh your browser while viewing this Joining the Event tab.
Requirements: Technology, Materials and Pre and Post event requirements.
Internet access, smartphone, computer
Connecting To The Event
After your registration, we will send you an email which will contain all the information to get you set up and started. You can find some information here.
If you have any queries please contact the provider
Name: Michael Kasumovic
Email: [email protected]