All About Air Pressure (Stage 2, Stage 3)
Explore air pressure in many ways!
From how storms form to how planes fly, this video covers many concepts about air.
This 60-minute video covers a variety of demonstrations covering;
– high vs low pressure
– what happens when you heat or cool air
– air pressure changes with altitude
– the role of air pressure in producing clouds
– the 4 forces acting on a plane wing during flight
– the application of Bernoulli’s principle for flight
Includes 3 x PDF experiments to run in class as well as Australian and USA curriculum outcomes and a risk assessment template.
IS THIS A FREE EVENT? No
BROUGHT TO YOU BY: Fizzics Education
On Demand (available until: 21-Feb-2026 05:00PM)
$25 one time cost
Payment via credit card on the page.
If you need to pay via invoice, please contact the Fizzics Education office
Main KLA, Strand, Sub Strand
Science and Tech » Physical World 7-10
Science and Tech » Earth and Environmental Science
Learning Intentions & Success Criteria
A student will:
- Learn that hot air expands and rises whilst cold air contracts and falls
- Learn that convection occurs due to uneven heating of air or liquids
- Learn that low pressure is created by removing liquid molecules from a system or cooling those molecules down
- Learn that high pressure is created by adding liquid molecules from a system or heating those molecules up
- Learn that air moves from high to low pressure
- Understand that low pressure can form clouds
- Understand that wings experience 4 forces during flight
- Will be able to apply Bernoulli’s principle to how curved plane wings created lift.
Purchases are non-refundable.
Terms and Conditions
Please see our terms and conditions here:
Joining The Event
Requirements: Technology, Materials and Pre and Post event requirements.
Internet device and screen with speakers to show the students the video.
Optional materials include plastic cups, water, a bowl, a plastic pipette (or pen lid), blu tak (or a metal nut) and a 600mL soft drink bottle.
Connecting To The Event
You will receive a unique link to view the video and coursework once you have paid on the software platform.
Ben Newsome founded Fizzics Education to deliver science education across Australia, having now reached 3 million students since 2004. He has worked in hundreds of early learning centres, has presented countless preschool teacher professional development programs and is a regular speaker at teaching & learning conferences.
He is a qualified science teacher, 2013 Churchill Fellow, 2020 AMP Tomorrow Maker, multiple Australian Small Business Winner for Children’s Education Services, 2020 WSABE Outstanding Business Leader of the Year, 2019 Blacktown Business Person of the Year and receiver of several Pinnacle Awards from the Center for Interactive Learning & Collaboration.
Ben is a community leader for the International Society for Technology in Education, a board member for Educating 4 Leadership, is an advisory board member of the Center for Interactive Learning & Collaboration and an Ambassador for the Association of Science Education Technicians NSW.
He is also the author of ‘Be Amazing! How to teach science the way primary kids love’ & the host of the FizzicsEd Podcast.
Optional Further Learning
Prepare your students to watch the video by:
- Identifying clouds in your area
- Running air pressure experiments
- Having a paper plane competition
- Watching a video on storms
- Learning about the history of flight
If you have any queries please contact the provider
Name: Ben Newsome
Phone: 02 9674 2191
Email: [email protected]
Will This Event Be Recorded?