- This excursion has passed.
Aboriginal Perspectives of Bennelong Point: Guwanyi Walama Interactive Tour 4th November 11:00am (AEST)
This oral history from the Aboriginal perspective will have students imagining this iconic Sydney place from creation time and the ancestral spirits who formed the landscape, to pre-settlement and the arrival of the First Fleet. Students will learn about the daily life of the clan that inhabited Sydney Cove, including the fishing rites, oyster beds, and the connection between the Gadigal people and the land of Tubowgule.
You will also hear of the changes that came with the arrival of Governor Phillip, the struggles of the early settlers and the fascinating story of the man called Bennelong.
To stay up to date with Digital Creative Learning activity sign up for our e-News Letter https://www.sydneyoperahouse.com/schools/creative-learning-enews.html or join the Sydney Opera House for Teachers and Educators Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/groups/471738479998388/
IS THIS A FREE EVENT? None
BROUGHT TO YOU BY: Sydney Opera House
Live Event - Scheduled
Main KLA, Strand, Sub Strand
HSIE » History » Australian History: Community and Remembrance, First Contacts (Stage 2 - Year 3 and 4)
HSIE » Geography » People, Places and Environments (Stage 2 - Year 3 and 4)
HSIE » History » Australian History: Colonials and National (Stage 3 - Year 5 and 6)
Joining The Event
Once you have booked this event, instructions to connect will appear on this Joining the Event tab. You will also receive a confirmation via email.
To get up to date information on this event, please refresh your browser while viewing this Joining the Event tab.
Requirements: Technology, Materials and Pre and Post event requirements.
Please note that this is an interactive session and that a working camera and microphone connection is required in order to participate
CHECKLIST FOR VIRTUAL EXCURSION:
1) Book your virtual excursion using the form on this site
2) A confirmation email will be sent to you from DART Learning
3) A confirmation email and further information will be sent to you from Sydney Opera House at least one week before the event.
4) COMPLETE A SUCCESSFUL TEST with your Zoom equipment
– Test your equipment at least one week before your virtual excursion
– Dial the through the Zoom login details that will be sent to you by Sydney Opera House and ensure that you can connect, can see and hear the SOH feed and that yourcamera and microphone are working correctly
– If you are unsuccessful in completing a test, contact Sydney Opera House Creative Learning at [email protected] for technical assistance. Completing a test with your equipment or VC hardware ensures a successful connection on the day.
If you have any queries please contact the provider
Name: SOH Creative Learning Team
Phone: 9250 7770
Email: [email protected]
Will This Event Be Recorded?